bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What marketing techniques are effective for short story eBook collections? I have a collection of short stories that I'm currently selling in the Amazon Kindle marketplace, and one of the biggest - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think we already have a question about generally marketing a book, so I keep the first part short (hopefully the second also):

Get a blog (oh, you have one, good!) and post about your stories, pricing, etc.
Tell it your family, friends, colleagues
Make meaningful posts to other forums, blogs, or other sites (like what you are doing here). Do not mention your books/short stories, just provide a link in your signature.

A more complete list is provided by David Gaughran.

Choose your pricing well:

You can offer on story for free on your blog to attract readers
Offer collections and single stories: e.g. take 99 cents for a single story and .99 for a collection of five, 4.99 for ten
Bundle your collections around a topic. Keep in mind, that you are not bound to seasons like a brick-and-mortar bookstore. You can publish a Christmas collection today. Readers find it, when it's time.

More on the new way of publishing and on how a publisher's brain should work, can be found on Mr. Smith's homepage (I have the feeling I link pretty often to his page, maybe I should stop that. Maybe not.)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best