bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I describe the effect of building up a mental exposures? The idea that I wanted to convey is that a certain constant exposure to an object would build up a mental library of experiences - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Are you taking something simple and making it complicated? It really sounds like you're just talking about learning, or about developing familiarity with an object.

But if you want to keep the details, I'd first distinguish between "constant" and "repeated". I'm not sure which you mean, but if the exposure is truly constant, I'd take the "s" off "exposures". If it's been constant, there's only been one.

Then I'd eliminate either "mental" or "within us". They're redundant - where would a mental image be, if not within somebody?

I'm also not sure about "mental experiences", or about having experiences "within us". The experience you're talking about is external, right? The interaction of the person with the object?

Honestly, without know the greater context I'd say: "The more exposure we have to the object, the more we learn about it."

If you really want to keep all the "experiences" and "building" stuff in there, maybe: Constant exposure to the object builds up a mental library of experiences." But that sounds vague and wordy to me.

If the idea is complicated, the writing may need to be complicated in order to explain it. But in this case, the idea seems pretty simple, so I think the writing should match.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Radia543

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best