bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is there a style / terminology guide for Android OS application documentation? This relates to my earlier question: Habits and routines for my first tech writing job I will be involved with - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

This relates to my earlier question: Habits and routines for my first tech writing job

I will be involved with writing documentation for an Android OS business application. Is there an Android style guide for this kind of documentation? I really need to know the standard terminology for User Interface interactions.

Google doesn’t turn up anything. All I find are style guides for other OS’s (e.g. here’s the Apple Publications Style Guide) and the Android User Interface Guidelines which, at first glance, doesn’t seem to have what I’m looking for.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but don't discount the Android UI Guidelines site immediately. While it isn't exactly overflowing with information, and it is specifically aimed at the text used within applications, the site does have a Writing Style page.

6 rules, 5 examples. But perhaps the application style could do well translated to documentation?

Load Full (0)