bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is self-publishing a good option? Is the self publishing route one that is considered acceptable these days? Specifically, I am writing short stories, and there is no real chance of getting a - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Is the self publishing route one that is considered acceptable these days? Specifically, I am writing short stories, and there is no real chance of getting a publisher to look at short stories without some previous history.

Additionally, I don't expect to make enough money to justify a publisher, or even my time in trying to find one - I expect to make something, but not a great deal. So self-publishing seems to make sense, to get some of my work out there, and see whether anyone likes it.

For this sort if work, is self-publishing a good route, a sensible route?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sue2132873

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Depending on how short you're talking, and whether you're talking about print or electronic, Amazon is explicitly pushing short/medium stories at present through their Kindle Singles program, and a scan through the published works ranges from unknowns to Stephen King. I can't speak from personal experience, but it seems like it's a reasonable approach.

Load Full (0)