bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is the best way to learn technical writing? I have a moderate level of skills in technical writing (TW) having gone through graduation in engineering. I was wondering what would be the - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Personally, I'm heavily in favor of #3 as a way of learning anything and everything to do with writing. I too spent several years studying engineering and have done my fair share of technical writing. If you're not a horrific writer to begin with, I feel you should have no trouble picking up the style and voice of technical writing by reading it.

However, I should note there is a little more to it than that-- you can imbibe the style just by reading it a lot; it'll get in your head. But the content you can't get subconsciously, not as easily anyway. You need to actively think about what you're reading. Why were the report's components placed in the order that they were? What did the author treat in depth and what did they gloss over? How did they start, and how did they conclude?

Once you know the voice of technical writing, understanding questions such as these will tell you what to say with it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Alves689

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best