bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Would it be weird if I write "a simple sample something"? Not getting too technical, I am writing a configuration file for a piece of software I have developed. This software allows others - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

Not getting too technical, I am writing a configuration file for a piece of software I have developed. This software allows others to write "services" and attach them to my software.

I have written a simple service that serves as an example and I have included it in the release bundle. It is the user's choice however, whether to build this service or not.

The part where they select whether to build that service or not, has a help text attached to it. There, I have this sentence:

This option enables build of a simple sample service ...

Honestly, the "simple sample service" sounds strange to me. Am I being too picky with my words? If not, what alternative do you suggest?

Notes: I certainly want to mention that it is a sample service and it's not meant to be used. I would be happy if I could include "simple" also, to encourage them to take a look at it.

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Voss1744584

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

The minimal change needed to avoid disconcerting alliteration is to just call it a "simple example service".

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

You might try substituting the word "basic" for "simple" - that would eliminate the most awkward part of the alliteration.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

There is nothing wrong with the phrase "simple sample service". However, if you want to avoid alliteration you could use other words that convey the "not for production use" nature of the service:

test
prototype
demo

etc.

Load Full (0)