bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Have you considered self publishing? If you are looking for inspiration, read Joe Konrath's blog, available here. Read through his back posts, and you may find some interesting stuff. One of - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Have you considered self publishing? If you are looking for inspiration, read Joe Konrath's blog, available here. Read through his back posts, and you may find some interesting stuff. One of them talks about his book, the list, that was rejected by all the publishers, and is now a bestseller. One of the comments to that post is worth reading:

My favorite line from all the rejections was this from the "New American Library":

"...as its novelty seems to hamper its commercial potential."

Yes, as a reader, I know the LAST thing I want to see is something
that deviates even a LITTLE from everything I've seen before.

David Gaughran has written a book on self publishing, that is free at the moment, available from his website here.

And finally, agents. Dean W smith has written a series of posts called the sacred cows of publishing, and one of the myths he bursts is that you need an agent to sell a book. Scroll down to part three, and read all the articles in that section. It certainly opened my eyes.

Be sure to spend some time reading, and then digesting all the info above. Then take a week or two off, to decide if you still want to continue down the traditional path, or go down the self pub path.

Remember, writers now have a lot of options, and don't have to wait years to see their book in print. As JA Konrath says, that time could be better spent writing more books, and marketing the ones we have.

Hope this helps.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Looi5811334

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best