bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is the proper way to add Creative Commons licensing information to a book? I have prepared a book which utilizes some information which was licensed under a Creative Commons license of - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Citing from your link:

Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

Yes, you have to release it under Creative Commons.

Best places are the beginning and the end of the book. I would split it. I.e. mentioning at the beginning the license and putting a note that the details are at the end of the book (appendix). There you can list the former contributors. Which takes us to your next question.

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Yes, the attribution of prior contributors must be added.

You are using a Stack Exchange site right at the moment. Every content here is also under Creative Commons. There is a nice blog post about attribution from one of the SE founders. Have a look.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best