logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Is a 'tutorial format' acceptable for personal notes? I am a software developer, as I get older, I find myself with the issue of not having as much time to learn as I once did. My learning

Merenda569 @Merenda569

Posted in: #Notes #Structure #Tutorial

I am a software developer, as I get older, I find myself with the issue of not having as much time to learn as I once did. My learning schedule has gone from 'whenever I have time' to 2 hours or so a week.

I have been looking to document my learning so I can make more efficient use of my time, however, I have ran in to problems when trying to lay out my notes.

I keep finding myself returning to a format similar to what could be considered a tutorial but I worry this may not be the best way to take notes.

I would appreciate any insight people have who document their learning or work on a regular basis. Cheers.

EDIT:

For clarity my question is this:

I have made the assumption that writers are more adept at keeping notes than others. I am asking what particular styles of note keeping do you find works and why. My current style is to write my notes in a format that is similar to how you would write a tutorial on a subject. These style of notes tend to be "addressed" to a "reader" and also tend to be more long winded than I would like.

My notes end up reading as if I wrote them to teach somebody else on a given topic and this does seem natural, yet very inefficient. I was hoping writers, who tend to have to plan stories, plots and characters could give me an insight into how they translate all this information for thought to paper in a structured format.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Debbie451

Debbie451 @Debbie451

"The best way" is whatever works for you. They're your notes. You have to refer to them and learn from them. Take notes in whatever fashion helps you to learn and retain the information.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme