bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I develop my ideas? A problem I run into frequently is that I am struck by an idea, more accurately termed "a premise," for a story, but then I can't decide what to do with it. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I have sort of a different take: don't narrow it down. Write them all, as short stories.

Your premise is the premise of an entire society. All those potential stories are valid. So create them all. Use each little vignette as a different window into how this society functions, how the people relate to one another, how the technology developed, how some people embrace it and some reject it, how it's seen from the outside.

Edgar Lee Masters wrote a book of poems called the Spoon River Anthology. The 200-plus poems are each from the POV of a different character, and all together they create a portrait of the town of Spoon River. I suppose yours might be the There Is No Spoon Anthology, but you get my point. If your goal is to explore all the different facets of this society, then show all the facets.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Debbie451

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best