bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Path to publishing a technical book I'm 21 years old female from South India. I would like to publish a book which concentrates on any one latest computer technology. Now, I have completed - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm 21 years old female from South India. I would like to publish a book which concentrates on any one latest computer technology. Now, I have completed my BE- Computer Science and Engineering. I'm going to work in an IT company for two years and after 4 years I would like to publish the book. What are the qualifications I need to publish a technical-oriented book? What is the procedure for that? Is it way too expensive? I don't have anyone for guidance. Kindly guide me.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Caterina108

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There are three things you need to publish such a book:

Mastery of the subject matter.
The ability to write well, in an engaging, informative style and samples to prove that.
A publisher.

The usual practice is to get an idea for a book that has not been covered to death, write a proposal, and submit it to various publishers along with samples of your writing on similar subjects. Blog writing on that or other topics will help, but be aware that the coverage should be thorough and detailed, not just a "random thoughts" kind of thing.

If you are a recognized expert in your field, so much the better. You may receive inquiries from publishers without solicitation. Absent that, you should be prepared for plenty of rejection.

Load Full (0)