bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Which well-established vanity publishers offer publishing for money and how much money is enough? I know that you need an agent to communicate publishing with big guys like Random House etc. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

well-established vanity publishers

That's an oxymoron and your problem. Vanity publishers are not well established. Bookstores avoid vanity publishers like the pope satanic masses.

A vanity press tells you they distribute your book for money, but honestly, why should they care about your book after you have paid them? The only one who cares about distributing your book is you (and a normal publishers who pays you for the right to publish your book).

As far as I see it, the solution to your problem is the thing you do not want: CreateSpace. If you become your own publisher and use this (or a similar) service to make your book available, you can sell it to the bookstores. You can get into the lists from which bookstores order their book. So you are creating your own "vanity" publishing house, but you run it like a real publisher.

Of course this is a lot of work and I guess you can find people and pay them to do the work. Nonetheless you have to coordinate and supervise it. Again, only you care about your book.

To learn about how to be your own publisher I recommend reading how others have already done it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best