bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Writing subjectively or objectively? (IELTS writing) I'm asking this question in the interest of getting a high score on IELTS writing, specifically Task 2, the 40-minute 250-word one. My primary - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

From my understanding of tests like the IELTS, it doesn't matter.

The purpose of the essay is to see if you can string together a few sentences in a paragraph, while following basic grammar and spelling. The goal is to see if you can express yourself in the written format.

I think that the subjective form is hence better, as it allows you to better put forward your own viewpoints. The objective form can get a bit dry and mechanical, the sort of thing a computer could write.

Which is why the book says the subjective answers are excellent. You have to give your own views, you cannot hide behind formal language. Using the subjective tone forces you to put your own views forward, with passion and feeling.

But ultimately, it doesn't matter. From my own knowledge of the IELTS, the examiners are looking for a clear and coherent essay. If you can write objectively without sounding like a machine or a photocopy of some essay you read online, go for it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Looi5811334

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best