bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Word Choice: When something negative happens that changes your perspective for the better Examples: 1.Today I got in a car accident, but I now value life more. 2. Today, I stubbed my toe, but - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Examples:
1.Today I got in a car accident, but I now value life more.
2. Today, I stubbed my toe, but looked down and found my wife's wedding ring we thought was lost.

This concept is called the blank effect. Or, I was struck by the blank of this event that made me see the reality of life in a different way.

I'm thinking unforeseen benefit, or unexpected surprise but they are just both too boring, and I would like one word that captures it. I would like something that more accurately captures the perspective-shift aspect of the event.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I'd go with something's "silver lining".

Although I don't think this is quite what you're looking for, you could say it was a "near-death experience" or "out-of-body experience" because most people associate coming back from "near-death with a refreshed view or awakening.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I would call it the Lemonade Effect. As in, "when life gives you lemons, make..."

Load Full (0)