bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Page numbers on colour plates I need to insert a full-page colour plate into a document I am writing. The plate has been prepared in a different program. As colour plates, which I have seen - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I need to insert a full-page colour plate into a document I am writing. The plate has been prepared in a different program. As colour plates, which I have seen in books, do not carry page numbers, my intention was to simply insert the colour plate into the appropriate place in the document and refer to it with text such as, "... are shown in the colour plate (overleaf)." Would this be considered an acceptable method?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jamie945

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There is a difference between "not showing" and "not having" a page number. The books and magazines I know, continue the page numbering even though the page number is not shown.

So you can refer to it by page number. If the color plate is between page 15 and 17, the reader knows that the plate has number 16. Besides that you can always refer to a picture/plate/diagram by mentioning "overleaf" "next page" "below". But then make sure it really is "overleaf" "next page" or "below".

Load Full (0)