bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How should I format a non fiction book with Scrivener? I have written mainly novels in Scrivener, and am now thinking of writing a small non-fiction work (which I will self publish). When writing - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Our Scrivener guru hasn't answered yet, so let me give you general advice (I do not know where to set these things in Scrivener).

With "spaces" I guess you mean new lines. A new line is generally not a good method to format your manuscript, no matter if it is an ebook or a paper book.

Normally your word processor (in your case Scrivener) has options to tell how much "space" (I do not mean new lines here) is attached to a section header (above and below that header). This info should then be converted to the appropriate settings of the ebook format you use (epub, mobi).

This extra space is normally automatically added to header formats. If you are not doing it already, then format your section headers as "headers" and not as "normal text" with bigger font and bold.

If this is for some reason not possible, you can still use non-white space to format your ebook. Like adding the three asterisks ("* * *") between sections or a horizontal line. That does not look nice below a section header, but maybe better than crunched text.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best