bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to cite multiple chapters from same book in Vancouver style? How can I cite multiple chapters from the same book? Do I have to use separate reference numbers, if they are by different - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If I understand your question correctly, you want to cite from one book which is written by several authors.

Even if you know which paragraph was written by which author and you cite different authors it is still one book. The idea of listing the sources is, that a reader can order these books and look up the source.

Now, if you have six different reference numbers, because you cite six different authors of the same book, the reader will be very puzzled why he has ordered the same book six times.

Ok, probably he will figure out that theses references refer to the same book, but there is no need to puzzle him. It's one book, so use one reference number.

When you want to show that you cite different authors, you can do that in your text. Like "Mr A. Smith has written blablabla" or putting the name in parentheses after the citation or whatever. But you do not need to do that. Referencing the source in the usual way is enough.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best