bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Ways to improve your writing skills As a CS major I've learned that knowing how to write is critically important, but, I'm not really sure how to improve my writing skills. I'm currently trying - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Well, from my experience, I've always heard that reading helps on improving writing, and that worked for me! I hence would suggest you read a lot. This will help you expand your vocabulary, get more at ease with sentence structures, spelling and grammar and if you read specific things coming from newspapers, magazines and other articles relevant to what you are studying, it can definitely help you both in your English and in your own knowledge and awareness in your field!

You might also want to hang around chatrooms where they are people who share your interests. Those are often more dynamic but less formal English, which also helps. I'm sure you can find ones which can be at the same time interesting (even if you don't participate in the conversation) and help you with your own English. Now, those people shouldn't be the type who 'txt spk', I wouldn't advise to hang around that chatroom if they speak like that. I'm myself chatrooms where people discuss about programming languages and they don't text speak, so I'm pretty sure you can find some decent ones too.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Pope4766717

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best