bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : The only rules I follow here are necessity and common sense. Necessity because sometimes the story gets better with informal speach, and it becomes vital to make such mistakes, specially if - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The only rules I follow here are necessity and common sense.

Necessity because sometimes the story gets better with informal speach, and it becomes vital to make such mistakes, specially if you really deeply on dialogues.
For example, I don't see how a low level street drug dealer will have a well form speach. People expect him to speak with errors and slang.
There will be no good to point that he's using slang and speak wrongly, if that is obvious and people already expect that.
Besides, if you have a good gramar in the rest of the text, people will comprehend that the drug dealers speack is wrong intentionally, not because you don't know how to write. In my opinion, there's no need to point what is obvious.

But, on the other side, there's common sense.
You can't get too far with slang and errors just because in reality people do that or you will become boring and confusing as you just can't write "T2UL. AC" just because someboy may write that in a SMS for "Talk to you later. At class, right now".

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Angie602

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best