bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to convert handwriting into text Recently, I found a short story that I had written many years ago when computers were not that common. It is 25 pages of handwriting. Obviously, I don't - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Almost every computing platform now supports some form of speech recognition software. If you can read your own handwriting, then that offers a cheap and relatively painless way of getting your draft into a text file.

Obviously you should test the software you choose on a few paragraphs before committing to reading in all 25 pages. Some applications have a way of being "trained" to match your voice and will improve as you go.

Another option would be to record your reading as an mp3 file and then investigate the programs that are designed to convert .mp3 to .txt; then you can read once and convert several times. If different apps work better with particular portions of the document you can then edit together the various "takes" like a recording engineer.

You request for "good presentation" of the product will demand that you handle the formatting separately. The conversion apps I use generate raw text not word processor files.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best