bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I organize a paragraph that lists several steps after an introduction? I have a paragraph like below: A hypothetical solution is like this: first, we can use a table to record entries. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is fine as written, so long as later in the section you have Second and Third or Last and so forth. I'd make each numbered item a separate paragraph, regardless of length, so it's easier to follow the steps.

A hypothetical solution might be set up like this: first, we can use a table to record entries. These entries are imported from a library or a database. A spreadsheet program is easiest for data manipulation.
Second, we sort the entries according to the number of ninjas. This will be useful when creating sorties.
Third, we add rows for Vampires (Sparkly), Vampires (Non-Sparkly), Sharks, Starfleet Officers, and Other. We'll fill in that data as appropriate. We can add columns for whatever weaponry everyone is carrying, so the sorties will have balanced offensive and defensive skill sets.
Fourth, we establish commanders for our sorties, and give each division a cool name and a logo.
Finally, we summon our forces, hand out sortie assignments, and unleash them against the invading enemy.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Debbie451

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best