bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Do You Use Any Version Controlling Software/Methods As Writers? As writers, do you use any version controlling software to track and monitor what you write? For example, if you accidentally deleted - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm a writer, not a coder, and I started with this same exact question. I started using Git and it works perfectly, though it was definitely took some time to learn. It's cool because Git is popular and there's GitHub and lots of people are into it.

That said, I understand that Mercurial is just as good or better, and much easier to use with "saner" more intuitive commands.

I'm still using Git since that's what I started with, but I spent too much time learning it and it's not better than Mercurial. If I had it to do over again, I would use Mercurial with Atlassian's SourceTree to graphically view and check in changes to drafts as I made them.

It's cool to do some writing, then have SourceTree show you all the additions and edits you made. Then checking in the changes gives you a sense of accomplishment because you can see the progress you made that day. :-)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best