bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Variation in paragraph length I've learned that variation in sentence length is good. How about paragraph length? I always end up with paragraphs like this: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell..........

Word length really shouldn't vary much more than the correct spelling of each word attempts to enforce, in most cases.

I think variation in sentence length has a great deal to commend it except that you must beware of allowing a sentence to become overlong to the point at which it could cause readers to lose interest and even lose track of where the sentence is going if there are so many elements in the sentence that no one could even keep track of where the sentence started and what it is trying to say and the sentence itself actually becomes a paragraph in and of itself even without the need of a single punctuation mark if you don't count the period that inevitably must be placed at the end.

Paragraph length should vary.

Really.

However much you want.

It maintains interest.

Credo in gente Anglorum confundit Latine scribere. So you might want to give it to us in English, maybe.

And I believe in humor to make a point. I think you probably guessed that. :D

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Megan928

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best