bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I overcome my anxiety of writing again? You would note the use of the word 'again' in the title of my question. I wrote a number of short stories many years ago. This was when I - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

My answer for you is the same I gave for other related questions: just write.

There's a nice saying -- "the good is a sworn enemy of the optimum". I've seen people like you and one of the main reasons they become anxious about writing is because they don't understand that they can't aim too high if they don't grab the arrow. The bible has an interesting story about David and Goliath, which is very illustrative for the writer's life.

Your goal is to defeat Goliath. Goliath is your master goal and probably is not only getting back to write but to write something good. You have your stones and sling ( your writing tools and skill ) and hope to achieve defeat your anxious with the help of God ( Creativity and willpower ) but some how it seems not powerful enough to kill a giant. The problem is that most people forgets that David didn't kill the giant from nothing. First he killed a bear and a lion, and probably empty beers bottles too. ;-)

That's your case. You need to start hitting empty bottles. Just write. Start with small chronicles. A blog is an outstanding tool for that. They doesn't need to be good at all, at least for a start. You will see that as you write, you will write. And I'm not being redundant here.

It's the inertia. You have the tendency of doing what you are doing, liking it of not. You stopped writing and it's hard to invert that tendency so, you need to force yourself to do it. There's no other way. I guess the anxiety is related to the acceleration, because nobody can reach 200km/h without passing trough 30km/h. But, then again, it's all about start writing.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best