bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is muteness appearing without explicit reason acceptable? In one of my stories, my main character was once able to speak, but after being alone for 3 or 4 years in his early 20's without speaking - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I've seen so many books and movies with similar reasons for people to lose their ability to speak that, in a mere reader point of view, I would have no reason at all to doubt that it could happen. I don't think many readers would doubt it could happen also.

But I think if you really want to know for sure, research is the way. There's a nice -- and helpful book -- titled Writer's Guide to Psychology: How to Write Accurately About Psychological Disorders, Clinical Treatment & Human Behavior that I believe could do the trick.

I have a psychology degree (although I graduated 1999) so I just wanted this as a backup. I found it would be perfectly accessible to the layman, making all mental health and psychological issues easy to understand and imagine. If you write about this subject, or are interested in brushing up skills to work as a carer in mental health, you could do worse than buying this book.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best