bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Where to find an infographic describing the components of a 5-paragraph essay? I need to show students the various components of a 5-paragraph essay. Most just show the paragraphs: "introduction", - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I need to show students the various components of a 5-paragraph essay. Most just show the paragraphs: "introduction", "body", and "conclusion", but I need to show the parts at a sentence level.

For example, most body paragraphs start with a supporting statement, then have one or two sentences telling general information, and tend to end with a specific example supported by a citation. Most academic writing seems to follow this same format.

Do each of these different kind of sentences within the paragraph have names?
Where can I find an infographic describing each part or another resource identifying and naming each part of a 5-paragraph essay?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lengel543

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

This powerpoint presentation or we can say handouts will definitely help you :
www.create.cett.msstate.edu/create/classroom/lplan_view.asp?articleID=171 www.create.cett.msstate.edu/create/classroom/handouts/Epting_CD2_Set3_Bing_Bang_Bongo_Powerpoint_Handout1_Revised.pdf
I think this link provides some examples along with the explanation on writing five paragraph essays effectively..
www.chicagonow.com/white-rhino/2012/05/if-you-teach-or-write-5-paragraph-essays-stop-it/
With the help of these info graphic tools, I think you can make the one on your own for your students which will help you teach them. www.teachthought.com/technology/46-tools-to-make-infographics-in-the-classroom/
This link will also help you to teach students regarding easy composition of a five paragraph essay. nestersteachingblog.com/category/writing-prompts/
This graphic organizer can help you to an extent. It is easily printable : www.teachervision.fen.com/graphic-organizers/printable/43086.html

Load Full (0)