bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Should I indent when I write just a short sentence? I'm writing a curriculum vitae and in Special skills section I wrote as the following: 8- Special skills I have the following skills: C++ - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm writing a curriculum vitae and in Special skills section I wrote as the following:

8- Special skills

I have the following skills:

C++
Objective-C

Should I indent "I have the following skills" line to be exactly above the dots or not?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Correia211

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Keep the style consistent across the whole document, no matter how short the paragraphs. If you indent any paragraph above a list, keep doing so. There are various guidelines if you should indent or not, but none of them are solid rules. Consistency is an ancient rule of style though. So, no rule, but don't make exceptions for short lines.

If you want a recommendation: In recent times, paragraph indent has given way to wider inter-paragraph breaks. OTOH, lists are frequently indented whole - bullets/numbers and list items alike. So, the recommendation would be: don't indent. Keep it flush with all non-list text.

Load Full (0)