bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I don't think I could write anything decent in five or ten minute breaks. This is true if you are painting, sculpting, acting, playing an instrument, singing or even training to participate - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I don't think I could write anything decent in five or ten minute breaks. This is true if you are painting, sculpting, acting, playing an instrument, singing or even training to participate in a sports competition.

What you can do in those ten or fifteen minutes is to do sketch down ideas; jot down inspirations, clarify, edit a piece of work, think of alternative ways of writing a scene. Use those 15 minute breaks etc. for short intense periods of activity.

But you need time just to be able to think, to mull over things. To liberate your mind. Multi-tasking is a myth; do too many things at the same time and quality will be sacrificed. To dedicate an hour a day, uninterrupted, to your craft is I believe, a duty.

There must be a time in the day when children are asleep, or at school when a person can gather their thoughts, and sit down at their writing desk. Your craft must then take priority, nothing must intrude or distract your attention. Set aside religiously that one hour a day, and keep to it. Children will learn that "mummy" is working now, and will wait patiently or play with each other.

It's not easy, I know, but once you have established that routine, it becomes easier to maintain.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gloria285

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best