bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to follow through with a good idea? Often times I have a good idea for a story, however short it may be. A good title, good characters, good story line, good concept, good setting. My - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think the answer is simple: don't stick with a good idea, stick with an idea you're in love with. Your situation actually happens to me a lot. I have all these good ideas, and most of them end up abandoning my mind pretty quickly. This is a good thing. It's my brain telling me: "Buddy, I'm sorry but they don't worth your time and effort." Now, when I come up with an idea that I fall in love with, I find it impossible not to finish it. Even if the writing ends up looking like crap, I find myself coming back to it. Over and over again. I tell myself: "Hey, come back and fix this. This idea deserves beautiful, lyrical sentences and an excellent, mind-blowing plot."

A personal example: I was drinking some beers with a friend when he suddenly asked me: "Hey, did you feel the earthquake last night?" I just looked at him, confused and said, "What earthquake?" Because I hadn't feel anything (the thing is still a mystery to me). Then, later, when I was going back home the idea struck me: Hey, what if I write a story about someone who misses an earthquake, and does everything he/she can to find out why? Even though I felt like dropping the project more than once, the idea kept coming back to me again and again. Until I had no other choice but to finish it. Otherwise, I would never sleep again.

So my advice is that: try to find an idea that you truly love.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Candy753

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best