bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I get myself writing again? I have authored a particular fanfiction, which has garnered a moderate following on the fanfiction website I published it to. As of now, the story has 279 - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Work backwards.
Visualize the completed work in it's entirety
In Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's PBS special 'Excuses Be Gone' he recommends actually having the cover sleeve made before trying to sit and write.
Break it down
In writing research papers, I usually start with having a full outline of each section, including figures. With a book, however, there is no reason you not to brainstorm what each chapter might be about.
From there, you can consider the substory; what things will you cover in each chapter and how will they flow? And you may also want to consider if there will be sub-chapters, or some other form of sectioning.
Fill in the blanks
If you haven't already been inspired to just start writing at this point, start writing down possible topics for each paragraph you'll write. When you've run out of ideas, consider how to organize them, or move them in with other chapters if necessary. Then just start expanding the topics
Save formatting and editing until the end
CLockeWork's suggestion of using LaTeX shouldn't be ignored. Use a logical editor instead of a WYSIWYG one if possible, or just write inside notepad.
Save the typesetting, punctuation, and spell checking, and grammar for when you are stuck. Chances are the editing process will spur new ideas and allow you to keep progressing forward.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Welton431

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best