bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : The first scenario is check pointing to safe guard against those moments (and I've had them) where you come to realize a section of the document is missing. This happened when accidentally, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The first scenario is check pointing to safe guard against those moments (and I've had them) where you come to realize a section of the document is missing. This happened when accidentally, without me noticing, as well as when one of my kids happened to hit the keyboard and I had a section of text selected.

The other use though is before I'm going to rework something significant. If I'm going to remove a character or change the raison d'etre for a character, and I'm going back and working through it and realize "Crap, this was a bad idea." I just go back to the last version before I made the change. Also having a checkpoint (checked in version) prior to editing or incorporating feedback, etc. these can be quite useful.

Can you do this by just having copies of files? Yes, however, the issue is the following tends to happen (at least to me)

You start having copies all over the place
The reason for the backup, and what was incorporated up to that point, isn't clear.
Only the last one tends to be valuable (so you delete the rest) only to discover the thing you needed was 2 versions before that.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best