bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Does my essay follow guidelines for a "well-developed, well organized argument"? In my English class I was assigned to write a short essay, the instructions for which are as follows: "In a well-developed, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think the message you were trying to get across appeared clear enough: One person should not have the right to act as public censor.

Your supporting arguments sounded logical enough, but I'd put my appeal to authority (the Johnson County District Attorney) last, and put my appeal to historical precedent (from Eric Schlosser's essay) first.

You might assume that Hughes comes from a morally conservative background, but I don't think she's necessarily emotionally driven.

And yes, I agree that children cannot be sheltered forever, though the parents are not necessarily deluded. They are simply adhering to the values they had received from their parents who had lived that way for generations before the proliferation of television and the mass media brought alternative philosophies, cultures, and ideals to their living rooms.

Overall, I think this essay has potential.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Rivera824

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best