bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to invoke my creative side without investing too much time? I suck at writing. There, I admitted it. More often than not, I find my self staring at a blank moleskine page, or the - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think your main problem may be that you're sitting down to write without the following:

A PURPOSE

Quite often, for an article, you're simply looking for an "angle". Angles don't just spontaneously come to us. We "look" for them.

When I'm assigned to write about something particular, I research it, and I try to find an angle within the actual subject.

I wrote an article about this pretzel brand, and in my research, I found out that the back story behind the company and its name was very interesting, but not well known, so I had my angle.

Once you have a topic and an angle, you have a purpose. Write the first sentence. The first sentence should hook the audience. By the end of the first paragraph, the audience should know your angle. Now, write the rest of the article.

With practice, you'll find new angles even in old topics.

Musicians often call their own voice mail to hum a tune that was in their head. This doesn't happen to most folks. However, if you were a musician, you'd have tunes in your head too.

Instead, of tunes, writers get story ideas in their heads. Keep a notepad and jot down story ideas as you "discover" them. You'll find that the more you write them down, the more you'll get.

Stay tuned in. Keep up to date on current events. Read. Watch. Listen. Ideas spawn other ideas.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ravi5107385

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best