bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How should I organize my journal as plain-text files? I want to keep a digital journal on my computer. I keep a physical journal in notebooks and on pieces of sheets, but I now want to back - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I've kept journals in a variety of formats some that have gone obsolete, and I have settled on a big old .rtf as a reasonable solution.

I use a key combo to insert a date and time stamp so I don't even have to worry about the formatting.

The .rft format allows for some basic formatting that allows for some nuance.

When I go back and read a single file per year makes it very easy to read over that year, and the file size is more then small enough to be easy to store on all sorts of platforms.

One thing I find I sometimes have to do is add contextual details to old entries because I forgot why that was a big deal. If you weren't in the loop at the time someone reading it later just has no clue what it all means and why it was important to me.

I do need to do a better job tagging my images because they are important too so they can be related back to the context as well.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lengel543

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best