bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is Mine a Convincing Argument Concerning the Effects of Censorship? I just finished writing this essay and so my ability to impartially judge it is impaired. Please critique. A few things: - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Here are a few notes:

"understated oppression" - doesn't make sense. Reporting on the oppression can be understated, but not the oppression itself.

Same with "blithely blinded". The blithely seems to refer to the doer who does the blinding, not the people who are unconcerned about being blinded as was probably your intent.

When you start a new thought or branch off from a current one, it really helps to start a new paragraph. IMHO, this needs quite a few of these. I constantly had to force myself not to skim instead of reading.

This concerns important and complex issues. Depending on the intended audience, it might benefit from shorter sentences and giving the audience smaller bites to swallow.

I am reminded of George Orwell's statement: "He who controls the present controls the past. He who controls the past controls the future."

As an aside, the whole issue of awareness is what lies behind all of this. The more aware (especially self-aware) an individual is, the less effective any "propaganda" or other forms of manipulation will be.

One of the main goals of those who wish to control others is to limit and channel their awareness. This runs the whole gamut from a magician's sleight of hand to assertions of the existence of weapons of mass destruction. It even finds its way into dictionaries where the meanings of words are subtly altered to reduce their power and accuracy.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Phylliss352

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best