bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What is the best way to make money on the side as a beginning author? I am a new author and as I am writing my novels, I need a little revenue. Are there sites that would pay for articles - selfpublishingguru.com

10.04% popularity

I am a new author and as I am writing my novels, I need a little revenue.
Are there sites that would pay for articles being written?
Any suggestions would be great!

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

on guru.com there is always a bunch of people paying (not very much) for ghost writing, this is a way to sharpen your writing skills and make a little money on the side.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

There's elance.com and odesk.com. They're online freelancing, and there's sections for writers to pick up jobs like copywriting, article writing, translating, etc.

However, you have to be aware of a couple things. First, companies are often unrealistic about what they expect and what your work is worth. You may get paid in pennies. Second, writers are often unrealistic about what they expect and what their work is worth. You shouldn't expect to buy a mansion any time soon. But it's definitely an option and worth checking out.

I've heard of creative types in LA taking up driving for car services like Uber or Lyft as a day job. It doesn't give you time to write on the job, of course, but hours are flexible and it doesn't require an excess of mental energy. That's what you want in a day job when you're just starting out: something that won't drain you or take up all your time.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

1) Try to find something that requires lots of time but little hands-on time, like house-sitting, pet-sitting, old-people-sitting, and infant-sitting. (But NOT child-sitting!) Or night watchman. The pay will be lousy (minimum wage or less), but you'll have lots of free time doing it, so you can do it a lot. You can work 12 hours a day at jobs like that, without giving up much writing time.

2) It is impossible to answer your question about sites that pay for articles, without knowing your other talents. Many magazine/e-zine articles would require the author to have some bona fides in fashion, science, technology, food/dining, crafting, travel, etc.

3) If you are good at science, there are companies that pay people to take journal submissions written in poor English and turn them into journal submissions written in good English.

4) NOBODY is going to pay an unknown freelancer to write an article for them. They MIGHT pay for an already-written article.

Load Full (0)