bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: 3 short stories that can be turned into a novel. Should I pick the one with best reviews? I wrote 3 short stories a long time ago, and I realized there's still room to expand them. Recently - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Should you pick a story to expand on based on which one people reviewed the best?

No you absolutely should not. What matters when picking a story to expand upon is not the reviews it's received but how well you can expand it. You should look at each story and ask yourself several questions; Where can I go with this? How can the characters develop further? Will a larger story still work well as a cohesive whole? Because surprisingly often they won't. Many stories work well in shorter form because they are short stories and thus nicely contained without any distractions from the point, they're straight forward. I've seen many writers fall into the trap of thinking that their story needs to be longer than it really does and they wind up added events and scenes that don't actually contribute to the plot or character development in any way. If Sushi Break is a story you feel you can run with and take it much further then it would be an excellent choice but if you're only considering it because of how well it did forget about it. Remember write for yourself first and worry about if anyone likes it after.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best