bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Typical Fairy-tale Story Especially Princess Stories I have a question. I am planing to write to a fairy-tale like a Brother Grimm or Hans Christian Anderson type of fairy-tale set in the modern - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

As I mentioned in my comment above, the Aarne-Thompson classification, specifically the section on fairy-tales, may be useful to you. A handy summary can be found on Wikipedia. It classifies stories by theme and gives common examples which are likely to be familiar to you. It also lists lots of fairy-tales that have become forgotten in recent years, which you may find inspiring to your story.

Fairy stories are classified by the role of the suprnatural in the plot. If you want a "prince and princess" story you might look at stories with supernatural wives or husbands, of which there are many: East of the Sun, West of the Moon is a semi-well-known example. The Frog Prince might be more famous. If you do take to this plot, absolutely check out the tale of Eros and Psyche from Greek mythology, which some folklorists call "the first fairy tale".

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Connie138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best