bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Best blind sequence? I'm trying to write a story in which the sun has essentially gone out and visibility is constantly limited, and sometimes completely gone. Being a very visual person, I'm - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm trying to write a story in which the sun has essentially gone out and visibility is constantly limited, and sometimes completely gone. Being a very visual person, I'm finding it hard to describe things in a way that keeps the reader's interest.

The sole source of help I am drawing on so far is a sequence in Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon where the main characters travel through the core of the planet, most of the time in complete darkness. I feel like it is very well written and interesting, but I think I could be helped by more examples of such sequences.

Does anybody have some memorable or notable sections of such stories they could point me to?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Martha805

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Why not just put a blindfold on and walk around your house for a few hours? Take notes into a recorder or a voice note app about what you're feeling, thinking, smelling, hearing, about whether other senses have sharpened, if you're slowing down, etc.

Additionally, the children's book Follow My Leader is quite good about showing how a previously sighted boy adapts to blindness.

Load Full (0)