bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is CreateSpace 100% free for self-publishing? I looked all over CreateSpace, but cannot find anything to tell me if the service is 100% free to use. I wonder if there are hidden costs. I read - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm out of date, it's been a while since I set up a book with Create Space, but:

Basically, you can get set up for free with Create Space. I believe you are required to print and pay for at least one proof copy for you to review and insure that it is coming out the way you want, so there is that up-front cost. How much it is depends on the size and format of the book, but it's going to be in the neighborhood of or .

At one time you had to pay a fee to have the book made available for distribution anywhere other than amazon.com. I think they no longer charge that fee.

Where Create Space makes its money is that they take a percentage of every sale.

So it's not "free" in the sense that Create Space will print all these books and do a whole bunch of work for you for nothing, just because they love you and want to help you out or something. It's "free" in the sense that there is no setup charge or up-front cost, other than the proof copy. You can get started without giving them any cash, they'll just take their cut out of the cash that would have gone back to you.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Annie587

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best