bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What are the advantages of incorporation for a writer? I have heard of some (rather successful) writers incorporating - that is, creating a corporation of which they are the sole member. What - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Not sure how much the insurance thing applies outside of California, although that would be an important consideration there.

Otherwise, keep in mind that corporations are subject to a different tax structure and are harder to setup than other forms of incorporation including limited liability companies, or LLCs, which offer the same liability protection as a corporation.

Also, you will want to have some form of business organization, even if it is just a sole proprietorship, so that you can use a tax ID number for reporting purposes. Otherwise, you have to give out your social security number to everyone you earn more than 0 from.

I wrote up a thing about it in more detail on one of my sites a while back. (Hopefully linking via the word "thing" keeps anyone from freaking out about it being some sneaky SEO trick.)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Michele605

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best