bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How do I manage a plot with two protagonists? I'm a beginner manga plot writer. On the first season of my story I have a protagonist A. How can I manage the second season if I want as - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm a beginner manga plot writer. On the first season of my story I have a protagonist A.

How can I manage the second season if I want as protagonists the protagonist A from the first season and a new character B who appears in the second season? How can I switch between narrating about A's actions and B's actions without these POV changes become tiring for the reader?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

This is a question with no one right answer, but if I were doing this, I might consider starting the second season with Character B and continuing up to the point where he meets Character A, and then backtracking to fill in on Character A.

The advantage is that Character B gets a strong solid uninterrupted block of narrative to establish himself. The disadvantage is that it may turn off readers who are already invested in Character A.

One way to address the new disadvantage would be to wait until the moment they meet to do Character B's story (as a flashback). Conversely, you could do Character B's story first, but add some foreshadowing of the importance he will have to Character A (i.e. have them visit the same locations, or pass each other on the street, etc.)

Load Full (0)