bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Every author and book is different. I've sold about 50,000 books in 3 years, so I'm a solid mid-list author. I use my blog, Facebook, and Twitter the most. Facebook is where I tend to get - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Every author and book is different. I've sold about 50,000 books in 3 years, so I'm a solid mid-list author.

I use my blog, Facebook, and Twitter the most.

Facebook is where I tend to get the most intimate engagement. I'll throw out plot questions or title brainstorming for my work-in-progress, and fans and friends and family will chime in with ideas. Lots of fun.

Twitter is where I tend to announce stuff that gets coverage to the broader world. I have a modest number of followers, but some of my followers have tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of followers, so when they retweet, it gets a very big audience. This helps me get exposure to new people.

My blog is ultimately where I'm going to send people to find out about new books, write longer articles, find my entire list of books in order, and so forth. I consider that the most essential aspect of my online presence.

And lastly I have a mailing list, with signup through my blog. I only email out to that list once per month, but it has a very high level of response from fans. (I use mailchimp to maintain the list.)

In order of priority:

blog
mailing list
twitter
facebook

I'm also on Google+ but I use it the least.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best