bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Less expensive way to find pictures for a visual dictionary I want to make a picture dictionary, and as it is known, pictures are expensive to buy on the internet. So, if anybody knows a - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I want to make a picture dictionary, and as it is known, pictures are expensive to buy on the internet. So, if anybody knows a less expensive way to buy pictures for a project, like mine, demanding a large number of pictures. Some people may suggest working with an illustrator, but I think this will take as much money as buying ready made illustrations on the internet. These are only guesses, so correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Turnbaugh521

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Are you looking for pictures (a.k.a. photographs) or illustrations? Sorry, I am unfamiliar with picture dictionaries, so I don't know what level of art is associated with them. If you are looking for pictures, the answer is easy... carry a camera. I keep a DSLR with a decent zoom lens near me most of the time and carry a cellphone with an 8 megapixel camera with me always. A day when I don't snap a hundred shots is a day that I didn't get out of bed. 99% are crap. But I keep everything that is in focus, because someday I might need just that kind of picture. I take every photo at the highest resolution that the camera will allow, because someday I might need just the lower right corner of a picture, but I still will need it to be usably clear.
Going to the zoo? Take two extra simms and an extra battery.
Baseball game? Don't forget to photograph the stands, the lights, the scoreboard.
Digital photography has made massive photo collecting practically free. Take advantage of it.

Load Full (0)