bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How do you find inspiration as a creative person? Scientists and intellectuals are yet to discover the hidden mysteries of human brain. Its power and capacity is yet to be explored. Along the - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Scientists and intellectuals are yet to discover the hidden mysteries of human brain. Its power and capacity is yet to be explored. Along the way, many have discovered "hacks" to get what they what their mind to be like at any particular time. We'd like to know some your mental hacks to zone in on your creativity and produce something phenomenal. References from the lives of intellectuals and creative people of past can be given if anything related is found. The findings from neuroscience which can be of help can also be shared.

(I believe to give a complete picture I should share the incident which gave rise to this question: I have written two poems on my blog: abstrusemusings.blogspot.com I write to express myself, to give a channel to my emotions, to say something important. And when I'm asked to just write any poem on any topic, I fail to produce the kind of quality work as I would wish to.
I am trying to compose a poem for the launch of a national campaign, and I just can't produce a mind-blowing poem that would get the readers motivated about the campaign.

How do you find inspiration? What are some of the rituals you follow to get into the creative mood ? How do you reach that meditative state?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Radia543

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

For some reason I find this question quite unique.

I can relate to what your trying to say, your trying to find the right state of mind to write the best poem you've ever written. That's simple, you can't do that when your having a lot of thoughts on your mind and you can't do that because when you're trying to write the poem you have the following thought in mind at the same time " This poem has to be the best" . You're simply over-thinking to produce the best poem, I'm a little young to say "from experience" but I think I can say that whenever you want to write something (regardless if your asked to write it or if you have to write it urgently for something) do it as if it's for yourself, this may sound a little weird but for me whenever I feel like writing, the feeling is triggered by my everyday life events. It's like there's this situation or incident every time that makes me want to write something. ( I've decided to keep my writing to that because when I scheduled my writings like keeping in mind that I have to write every week...that didn't work out because it turned to be a task rather than from the inside)

I hope this helped !

Load Full (0)