bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: MLA: Citing Multiple Facts from Same Source & Page in Same Paragraph Let's say I have two facts that I mention in the same paragraph. These two facts come from the same source, and are - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It depends on what is in between quote x from Ferguson and y quote from Ferguson. If there is no quotes in between x and y then you can just refer the page number and if there is a quote in between you need to refer to the source again. Also, if there is no sentences between x and y you can just refer to the source after y. However, I personally tend to stay from this idea as it can result in confusion. Now for some examples...

Case 1:

I have sentence that "has a quote in it" (Ferguson,2). Ideally you would have some content here. Then maybe another sentence has a "quote in it" or whatever you are doing (2).

Case 2:

I have sentence that "has a quote in it" (Ferguson,2). Ideally you would "have some content" here (Buff, 32). Then maybe another sentence has a "quote in it" or whatever you are doing (Ferguson,2).

Case 3:

I have sentence that "has a quote in it". Then maybe another sentence has a "quote in it" or whatever you are doing (Ferguson,2).

However, to avoid confusion you should do the same as Case 1 and just refer to the page.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jamie945

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best