bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How do I convince readers to keep reading poems with fixed rhyme? Disclaimer: English isn't my native language and I haven't studied writing or poetry at all. I released my first poetry book - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Disclaimer: English isn't my native language and I haven't studied writing or poetry at all.

I released my first poetry book called "Bella Poesía / Beatiful Poetry" in February last year, and until recently I have been receiving feedback and reviews. However, I find it difficult to attract more readers and potential buyers due to (according to their comments) the fixed rhyme in the first poems available in the preview at the beginning of the book.

The rest of my book also contains different poems with different rhymes (not available in the preview) and on average, each month I'm updating my book with more and various poems. My book is dedicated to all women, and is "inspired by them" and all people who want to read and share poetry (even if they're infrequent or occasional readers).

My main goal is for anyone with or without knowledge of poetry to be able to read and enjoy my book.

With this in mind and like the title says: How do I convince readers to keep reading poems with fixed rhyme?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jamie945

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Poetry is a difficult to find an audience for regardless of what type of poetry it is. There's a lot of stigma regarding it.

I would put out poetry that you're proud of, and ignore the comments that tell you not to use a certain style: write what you're comfortable and proud of. Every poet has their own voice and style, and that's what should stand out, now which formats they use most prevalently.

I would also recommend doing poetry readings or posting videos of yourself reading your work online. Poetry is as much an audible experience as it is a visual one, and some poems can develop whole new meanings and layers to them when read aloud, especially when read by their writer.

Good luck!

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Even the most famous and celebrated poets tend to have limited audiences --and you'll never please everyone. Given that, the most important thing is that you produce a book that you are proud of and happy with.

Load Full (0)