bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Does using narrow keywords increase conversion rate? I am going to advertise my book with AdWords. Does using narrow keywords increase conversion rate? It seems that no, because conversion rate - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am going to advertise my book with AdWords.

Does using narrow keywords increase conversion rate?

It seems that no, because conversion rate depends only on clicks, and clicks happen after keywords were already taken into consideration; so it seems not to depend on keywords. But I am not sure whether this my reasoning is correct.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gonzalez219

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

By "narrow keywords" do you mean long tail keywords or highly niche-specific keywords?

Long tail keywords are much more descriptive/qualified (think "shoes" versus "red satin dancing shoes for children") and as such may target leads further along the sales funnel. A study published in Search Engine Watch did find long tail keywords to be associated with higher conversion rates.

I suspect niche-specific keywords also hold similar benefits (highly targeted, possibly highly motivated leads) but I haven't personally come across any study citing these. In my own experience with PPC campaigns, the advantages of highly niche-specific keywords need to be balanced with the disadvantages of fewer queries, fewer impressions and less traffic in total.

Load Full (0)