bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Any advice on how to learn DITA for technical writing? My situation is such that I will be looking for a new job next week as this contract ends. For a tech writer, it is good to have - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I don't know how much benefit you'll get on a resume from having read about, as opposed to used, DITA, but some knowledge is better than none.

DITA is both a specific framework and an approach. My documentation group is currently working through the book DITA Best Practices: A Roadmap for Writing, Editing, and Architecting in DITA by Laura Bellamy, Michelle Carey, and Jenifer Schlotfeldt and we're finding it a good introduction so far. We are not planning to migrate to the DITA framework, but we've been trying to apply a similar approach on our own and we're finding the book helpful for pointing out issues we haven't necessarily thought enough about. The book contains a lot of information specific to the framework too, so it should be even more helpful for somebody who's going all-in on DITA.

The book is under 300 pages and not terribly dense, so you should be able to absorb it in less than a week.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best