bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Structuring a novel like a television or graphic novel series I have spent a lot of time reading graphic-novels and watching television series, most of which were anime. Now that I have reached - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Though I have not read them, I know of examples of a similar episodic series structure: Most of the books written by Self-Publishing Podcast" hosts Sean Platt, David Wright, and Johnny B. Truant.

These guys write novellas that they call "episodes." They even write the first episode as a "pilot." As they finish each episode, they release it as a short stand-alone book.

As they write, they structure the episodes into six- or nine-episode "seasons," complete with big season-ending cliffhangers. Then they release each season as a set.

Some of their readers read each episode as it is released. Others wait for the packaged seasons.

Another example (kind of) is Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. The early Foundation stories were written as novellas, and later packaged as novels.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best